Programs > Brochure
Universidad de Ciencias Empresariales y Sociales (UCES)
Buenos Aires, Argentina (Exchange Program) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||SJSU applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2019-2020||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Program Type:||SJSU Bilateral Exchange||Class Eligibility:||Junior, Senior, Sophomore|
|Language of Instruction:||Spanish||Language Requirement:||Spanish - Upper Division|
|Housing Options:||On-Campus Housing||GPA Requirement:||2.75|
|Internship Option Available:||No||Eligible Majors & Concentrations:||Accounting, Advertising, Business, Communications, Education, Environmental Studies, Finance, Global Studies, Graphic Design, Health Science, Hospitality, Human Resource Management, Information Systems, International Business, International Relations, Journalism, Kinesiology, Marketing, Nursing, Nutrition Science, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Relations, Sociology|
|How competitive is admission to this program?:||Mildly Competitive|
- Earn SJSU resident credits for all completed courses.
- Pay your normal SJSU tuition and fees.
- Use your financial aid and apply for scholarships.
- Immerse yourself in Spanish culture.
- Study for one semester or an academic year.
- Gain an advantage when applying for jobs and graduate school.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Through centuries of dynamic history since its founding in 1536, Buenos Aires has become Argentina's largest and most populated city. The original city founded during a Spanish expedition led by Pedro de Mendoza is now known as the San Telmo district of Buenos Aires. Now the country's capital, this city is divided into 48 barrios (or neighborhoods) and is home to nearly 13 million people. Buenos Aires has a humid subtropical climate unaccustomed to extreme temperatures during any party of the year. The city is home to a world-renowned theater, both sacred and popular art, a world-famous zoo, and spectacular botanical gardens. The suburbs of Buenos Aires are the birthplace of the sensual dance, the Tango. A stay in Buenos Aires is sure to provide an intense cultural experience for students.
UCES, Buenos Aires was founded in 1992 due to an increasing need for skilled professionals in Argentina. The university's philosophy and values focus on both theory and practice to prepare their students to provide the best performance in the workplace. Students of UCES are equipped with the latest technological resources and have access to an incredible library. The National Library of Buenos Aires is also one of the most important libraries in South America and is open to the public. UCES has a vibrant atmosphere for student life with a strong emphasis on cultural activities.
- be enrolled as an SJSU student for one semester prior to departure, or be a California community college student eligible to enter SJSU by the semester of departure.
- have lower division requirements must be finished for your intended field of study.
- have Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing by the semester of departure.
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Must have a high intermediate to advanced level of Spanish
UCES consists of six colleges, each located in the heart of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Each college is equipped with the necessary tools enabling students to develop their careers in a comfortable and urbanized area, allowing for a gratifying experience.
For the semester and academic year program, students must have a strong background in the Spanish language, completing Spanish language studies up to the high intermediate to advanced level. A 4-8 week intensive Spanish language and culture program is available during the summer for all levels of Spanish speakers, beginners to advanced.
- College of Business: Marketing, Tourism, Business Administration, Information Systems, Environmental Management, Foreign Trade
- College of Communications: Communication Studies, Public Relations, Journalism, Graphic Design & Visual Communications, and Advertising
- College of Economics: Economics, Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting
- College of Justice & Politics: Government & Political Science and Law
- College of Psychology & Social Sciences: Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, Education
- College of Health Sciences: Nursing, Health Administration, Kinesiology, Nutrition, and Medicine
UCES does not offer on campus housing. UCES will provide advice and a guide for local accommodations prior to arrival. However, it is the student's responsibility to locate, contact, and purchase their own accommodations.
Students may participate in internships. The exchange program does not have formalized internship programs, but the University can provide support with internship placement.
Fall Semester: August to December
Spring Semester: March to July
BUDGETING FOR YOUR SEMESTER
*These costs are current as of 2015–16. These are estimated costs for the whole semester. Consult the Bursar’s Office for up-to-date information on tuition and fees. Personal expenses do vary between students: those who eat out at restaurants or plan to travel frequently should estimate higher.
- SJSU Tuition & Fees $3,689.00
- Round Trip Transportation $1,500.00
- Single Room and Meals $3,000.00
- Books & Supplies $400.00
- Insurance $350.00*
- Personal Expenses $1,500.00
- Total $10,439.00
FINANCING YOUR SEMESTER
Financial Aid: Students who are participating in certified SJSU study abroad programs can use all of the financial aid including grants, scholarships, and loans (except work study) for which they are normally qualified. For more information click here.
Scholarships: Scholarships for study abroad come in many forms: SJSU Study Abroad Scholarships, Program Specific, National and International scholarships. Find links for these scholarships and online scholarship search engines by clicking here.