Earn SJSU resident credits for all completed courses
- Pay your normal SJSU tuition and fees
- Use your financial aid and apply for scholarships
- Immerse yourself in Catalan culture
- Study for one semester or an academic year
- Gain an advantage when applying for jobs and graduate school
Barcelona is the administrative and cultural capital of Catalonia. Surrounded by a large metropolitan area, it has 1,770,000 inhabitants. The city’s two thousand year history has left its mark in the city's architectural, artistic and cultural heritage. It has excellent international connections, a beautiful Mediterranean climate, and a cosmopolitan atmosphere make it a European favorite. Add in the stunning architecture, specialty cafes, colorful markets, plus numerous shops, museums and parks - Barcelona welcomes both students and tourists alike.
The TBS campus is located in the heart of Barcelona, as all TBS campuses are located in economically and culturally dynamic cities. The Barcelona campus specifically is highly attractive due to its respective areas of economic influence, quality of life, and importance to the region. The newest facilities were installed in 2008 and host up to 500 students every year.
- be enrolled as an SJSU student for one semester prior to departure, or be a California community college student eligible to enter SJSU by the semester of departure
- have completed lower division requirements for their intended field of study; TBS requires that incoming students have a minimum of 60 ECTS validated in Business/Management studies, which equates to 30 SJSU units.
- have Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing by the semester of departure
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
There is no language prerequisite, but students are strongly encouraged to take a beginning Spanish class prior to participation in the program.
Groupe ESC Toulouse is one of Europe's leading integrated management schools, with over 100 international partners spread all around the world. TBS has won international recognition through its triple accreditation: EQUIS, AACSB, AMBA. Exchange students are able to take courses in
While TBS offers diverse coursework, their curriculum does not match well with SJSU business degree requirements; this means that most TBS classes transfer as elective credit. Only students with the academic flexibility to take the majority of their classes abroad as electives are recommended to apply to TBS.
- Accounting and Auditing
- Finance and Law
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Organization, Logistics and Technology
- Information Management
- Management Control
- Marketing Strategy
Please see the current list of course offerings for exchange students
for more details.
There is no on-campus housing option, but arranging private housing is assisted by Toulouse Business School. Details of housing options and application forms are provided to students by TBS after acceptance.
Fall semester: September – December
Spring semester: January – March
BUDGETING YOUR SEMESTER
**These costs are current as of 2018–19. These are estimated costs for the whole semester. Consult the Bursar’s Office for up-to-date information on tuition and fees. Personal expenses do vary between students: those who eat out at restaurants or plan to travel frequently should estimate higher.
* Health Insurance: All outgoing exchange students are required to purchase the SJSU-approved University health insurance plan through JCB Insurance Services.
- SJSU Tuition & Fees: $3,900.00
- Round Trip Transportation: $1,200.00
- Room & Meals: $3,000.00
- Books & Supplies: $100.00
- Insurance: $350.00
- Personal Expenses: 2,000.00
- Total: $10,550.00
FINANCING YOUR SEMESTER
Students who are participating in certified SJSU study abroad programs can use all of the financial aid including grants, scholarships, and loans (except work study) for which they are normally qualified. For more information click Here.
Scholarships for study abroad come in many forms: SJSU Study Abroad Scholarships, Program Specific, National and International scholarships. Find links for these scholarships and online scholarship search engines by clicking Here.