Programs > Brochure
Toulouse Business School - Toulouse Campus
Toulouse, France (Exchange Program) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||SJSU applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2019-2020||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Program Type:||SJSU Bilateral Exchange||Class Eligibility:||Graduate Student, Junior, Senior, Sophomore|
|Language of Instruction:||English, French||Language Requirement:||None|
|Housing Options:||Apartment||GPA Requirement:||2.75|
|Internship Option Available:||No||Eligible Majors & Concentrations:||Business, College of Business, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, Management, Marketing|
|How competitive is admission to this program?:||Not Competitive|
- Earn SJSU resident credits for all completed courses
- Pay your normal SJSU tuition and fees
- Use your financial aid and apply for scholarships
- Immerse yourself in French culture
- Study for one semester or an academic year
- Gain an advantage when applying for jobs and graduate school
Toulouse is located in southwest France, and is home to 1.13 million inhabitants. Toulouse has the second largest student population in France (120,000 students) after Paris. A fast paced metropolis, Toulouse has been one of the centers of European aerospace industry, and hosts the headquarters of Airbus. Other industries in Toulouse include electronics, information technology and biotechnology. It is an ideal location to explore French culture and study management.
Originally housed in a 15th century monastery located in the old town centre, the school’s current premises include a downtown campus and an ultra-modern "electronic" campus located on the perimeter of the city. The downtown campus, a blend of aesthetic architectural harmony and functional excellence, is located at the heart of the business complex near the centre of metropolitan Toulouse.
Fall semester: late August – December
Spring semester: early January– late April
- be enrolled as an SJSU student for one semester prior to departure, or be a California community college student eligible to enter SJSU by the semester of departure
- have completed lower division requirements for your intended field of study. TBS requires that incoming students have a minimum of 60 ECTS validated in Business/Management studies, which equates to 30 SJSU units.
- have Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing by the semester of departure
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- There is no language prerequisite, but students are strongly encouraged to take beginning French prior to participation in the program
Groupe ESC Toulouse is one of Europe's leading integrated management schools, with over 100 international partners spread all around the world. TBS has won international recognition through its triple accreditation: EQUIS, AACSB, AMBA. Exchange students are able to take courses in:
- Management Control, Accounting and Auditing
- Economics-Finance and Law
- Industrial Organization, Logistics and Technology
- Human Resource Management
- Information Management
- Marketing Strategy
There is no on-campus housing option, but arranging private housing is assisted by Toulouse Business School. Details of housing options and application forms are provided to students by TBS after acceptance.
BUDGETING FOR YOUR SEMESTER
**These costs are current as of 2014–15. These are estimated costs for the whole semester. Consult the Bursar’s Office for up-to-date information on tuition and fees. Personal expenses do vary between students: those who eat out at restaurants or plan to travel frequently should estimate higher.
- SJSU Tuition & Fees: $3,709.00
- Round Trip Transportation: $1,500.00
- Single Room & Meals: $4,000.00
- Books & Supplies: $200.00
- Insurance: $300.00*
- Personal Expenses: 2,500.00
- Total: $12,209.00
FINANCING YOUR SEMESTER
Financial Aid: Students who are participating in certified SJSU study abroad programs can use all of the financial aid including grants, scholarships, and loans (except work study) for which they are normally qualified. For more information click Here.
Scholarships: Scholarships for study abroad come in many forms: SJSU Study Abroad Scholarships, Program Specific, National and International scholarships. Find links for these scholarships and online scholarship search engines by clicking Here.