This is a bilateral exchange between SJSU and Edinburgh Napier University.
- Earn SJSU resident credits for all completed courses
- Pay your normal SJSU tuition and fees
- Use your financial aid and apply for scholarships
- Immerse yourself in Scottish culture
- Study for one semester or an academic year
- Gain an advantage when applying for jobs and graduate school
Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in the world with its stunning architecture, cobbled streets, wide avenues, secret closes and hilly terrain. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site that has been labeled as the best place to live in the U.K. It is home to the Scottish Parliament and the historic Royal Mile and Holyrood Palace. The city is regularly voted “Favourite U.K. City” by Conde Naste and Guardian/Observer readers (the latter for 12 years running!). Edinburgh manages to celebrate its vibrant history while embracing all that’s contemporary thanks to its 12 major festivals and numerous cinemas, theaters and arts venues. The city also boasts having more than 80,000 students in residence. The city of Glasgow is less than 50 minutes away and one is only a couple of hours from the stunning Scottish Highlands and Islands.
Edinburgh Napier University is an ambitious, innovative, and inclusive university, based in the vibrant, prospering capital of Scotland. All of their courses are designed in consultation with business and industry to give you the academic and practical skills to succeed. Their three campuses are equipped with cutting-edge, industry-standard facilities, including a biomechanics lab, journalism newsroom, games lab, and film, photography and music studios.
Edinburgh Napier offers students a variety of of modules (courses) to choose from including but
not limited to those modules listed below. For a full list of modules available please click Edinburgh module catalogue.
*Please be aware that module selection cannot be confirmed until you arrive at Edinburgh Napier University to begin your studies.
Examples of available modules:
- Advertising & Public Relations
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Security & Forensics
- Digital Media
- English Literature
- Festival & Event Management
- Graphic Design
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Interior Architecture
- Media Design
- Photography & Film
- Software Engineering
- Sports & Exercise Science
- Tourism Management
Edinburgh Napier Students’ Association (ENSA) is your students’ union, and all Edinburgh Napier University students, part time or full time, are members of it.
ENSA provides a variety of services for students:
- Team Napier Sports: American Football, Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Cheerleading, Dance, Football, Golf, Hockey, Jitsu, Kayak, Netball, Quidditch, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Snowsports, Sub Aqua, Surf, and Volleyball
- Team Napier Societies: Anime, Beer & Ale, Big Band, Chamber Choir, Chinese, Christian Union, Civil Engineering, Cyber Security, Developers, Drama, EuroTalk, Forensic Science, GreenLeaf, Harry Potter, International, Islamic Association, Law & Mooting, LGBT, Midwifery, Nordic, Nursing, Orchestral, Pop Choir, Psychology, Tester, Video Gaming, Whisky, and Young Trustees Societies
- Volunteering opportunities
- Events and entertainment
- Campaigns and Representation
- ENSA Advice services
There are lots of opportunities to gain new skills and have fun through ENSA, so read up about what they have to offer and get involved! To Learn more about ENSA Click Here
Students can either stay on-campus in residence halls or off-campus in apartments. Information about accommodation will be provided after application and acceptance.
BUDGETING FOR YOUR SEMESTER ABROAD
**These costs are current as of 2018–19. These are estimated costs for the whole semester. Consult the Bursar’s Office for up-to-date information on tuition and fees. Personal expenses do vary between students: those who eat out at restaurants or plan to travel frequently should estimate higher.
* Health Insurance: All outgoing exchange students are required to purchase the SJSU-approved University health insurance plan through JCB Insurance Services.
- SJSU Tuition & Fees: $3,900.00
- Round Trip Airfare: $1,200.00
- Housing & Meals: $4,500.00
- Books & Supplies: $150.00
- Insurance: $350.00*
- Personal Expenses: $2,000.00
- Total $12,100.00
FINANCING YOUR SEMESTER
Students who are participating in certified SJSU study abroad programs can use all of the financial aid including grants, scholarships, and loans (except work study) for which they are normally qualified. For more information Click Here
Scholarships for study abroad come in many forms: SJSU Study Abroad Scholarships, Program Specific, National and International scholarships. Find links for these scholarships and online scholarship search engines by clicking Here