Programs > Brochure
University of Strathclyde
Glasgow, United Kingdom (Exchange Program) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||SJSU applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2019-2020||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Program Type:||SJSU Bilateral Exchange||Class Eligibility:||Junior, Senior, Sophomore|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Language Requirement:||None|
|Housing Options:||Off Campus, On-Campus Housing||GPA Requirement:||2.75|
|Eligible Majors & Concentrations:||Accounting, Aerospace Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Business, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Chinese, Civil Engineering, College of Business, College of Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, English, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Studies, Film and TV, Finance, French, Geography, German, History, Human Resource Management, Japanese, Journalism, Justice Studies, Management, Manufacturing, Marketing, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Photography, Physics, Social Work, Spanish, Theater Arts||How competitive is admission to this program?:||Somewhat Competitive|
- Take courses in English
- Earn SJSU resident credits for all completed courses.
- Pay your normal SJSU tuition and fees.
- Use your financial aid and apply for scholarships.
- Immerse yourself in Scottish Culture.
- Study for one semester or an academic year.
- Gain an advantage when applying for jobs and graduate school.
Glasgow is the third-largest city in the UK. National Geographic named Glasgow as one of its ‘Best of the World’ destinations, while Rough Guide readers voted Glasgow the world’s friendliest city. Glasgow is known for their music, nightlife, fantastic shopping and thriving cultural scene. Glasgow is a UNESCO city of Music, and is the largest music economy in the UK outside of London. They are spoiled for the choice of gig venues throughout our city with over 100 music events happening every week. From Classical to rock, Celtic to pop, there is something for all tastes to enjoy. Glasgow has many live performance stages to enjoy plays, musicals, opera, ballet and more.The stunning Kings Theatre, built over a century ago, is located on Bath Street. The University of Strathclyde campus is based right in the very heart of Glasgow. They are in the city centre, next to the Merchant City, both of which are great locations for sightseeing, shopping and socializing alongside your studies.
University of Strathclyde is a leading international technological University located in the heart of Glasgow, Scotland's biggest city. Their commitment to useful learning guides their research, their learning and teaching and the way they work with businesses and organizations.The University of Strathclyde is one of the UK’s top 20 research universities. Our new Technology & Innovation Centre is set to revolutionize the way that academia and industry work together. The latest Research Excellence Framework (REF) results show that Strathclyde has major strengths in science, engineering, business and the humanities. Our Department of Physics is rated number one in the UK- beating Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial College. Strathclyde Business School is in the top 10 in the UK and number one in Scotland.
- be enrolled as an SJSU student for one semester prior to departure, or be a California community college student eligible to enter SJSU by the semester of departure
- have Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing by the semester of departure
- have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
University of Strathclyde offers a wide variety of courses in the following Departments:
- Engineering: Architecture, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical & Process Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Design, Manufacture & Engineering Management, Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Naval Architecture, and Ocean & Marine Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences: Centre for Lifelong Learning, Education, Government & Public Policy, Humanities, and Social Work & Social Policy
- Science: Computer & Information Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics, Physics, Pure & Applied Chemistry, and & Biomedical Sciences
- Business: Accounting & Finance, Corporate Connections, Economics, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, Management Science, Marketing, MBA & International Division, and Strategy & Organization
How to Search for Courses:
- Please refer to the Guide to Selecting Classes
Learn how to get involved at the University of Strathclyde at their Students’ Association called the Union: www.strathstudents.com/getinvolved
University of Strathclyde offers on-campus accommodations for exchange students. Flats generally accommodate four or six students. Generally you'll have your own single bedroom with a wash hand basin and you’ll share a shower room, WC, kitchen, dining space and living room with your flatmates. For more information: Strathclyde International Exchange Accommodations
Fall Semester: September - December
Spring Semester: January - May
BUDGETING FOR YOUR SEMESTER
**These costs are current as of 2017–18. These are estimated costs for the whole semester. Consult the Bursar’s Office for up-to-date information on tuition and fees. Personal expenses do vary between students: those who eat out at restaurants or plan to travel frequently should estimate higher.
• SJSU Tuition & Fees: $3,709.00
• Round Trip Transportation: $1,200.00
• Single Room & Meals $4,000.00
• Books & Supplies $200.00
• Insurance $350.00*
• Personal Expenses $2,500.00
• Total $11,959
*Health Insurance: All outgoing exchange students are required to purchase the SJSU-approved University health insurance plan through Wells Fargo Insurance Services.
FINANCING YOUR SEMESTER
Financial Aid: Students who are participating in certified SJSU study abroad programs can use all of the financial aid including grants, scholarships, and loans (except work study) for which they are normally qualified. For more information Click Here.
Scholarships: Scholarships for study abroad come in many forms: SJSU Study Abroad Scholarships, Program Specific, National and International scholarships. Find links for these scholarships and online scholarship search engines by Clicking Here.