Programs > Brochure
Rotterdam Business School
Rotterdam, Netherlands (Exchange Program) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||SJSU applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Program Type:||Bilateral Study Exchange||Class Eligibility:||Graduate Student, Sophomore, Junior, Senior|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Language Requirement:||None|
|Housing Options:||On-Campus Housing||GPA Requirement:||2.75|
|Internship Option Available:||No||Eligible Majors & Concentrations:||Business, College of Business|
|How competitive is admission to this program?:||Not Competitive|
This study abroad program is a bilateral exchange between San Jose State University and the School of Financial management at Rotterdam Business School.
- Earn SJSU resident credits for all completed courses
- Pay your normal SJSU tuition and fees
- Use your financial aid and apply for scholarships
- Immerse yourself in Dutch culture
- Study for one semester or an academic year completely in English
- Gain an advantage when applying for jobs and graduate school
Rotterdam, Netherlands (Holand)
"Groot geworden door klein te blijven"
This is a Dutch saying which translates to "Become big by staying small’. Although the Netherlands is small in size, it has a rich cultural tradition and is today one of the world’s most prosperous countries. The Netherlands, also known as Holland, is a country that offers global services and has an attitude of openness towards the rest of the world. It is open to conducting business, while also being open socially and culturally. This makes the Netherlands ideally suited for receiving people who seek to enrich their knowledge through studying abroad.
Rotterdam is a young, dynamic, international city with a passionately beating heart. With more than 600,000 inhabitants, Rotterdam is the second largest city in the Netherlands. The city continues to reinvent itself at a rapid pace, redefining and expanding its already impressive skyline every time you visit. It presents new cultural and sporting events to surprise and delight you. Its ever-changing nature makes Rotterdam a city that you can rediscover time and again. Check out: 13 reasons why Rotterdam may be Europe's new capital of cool.
Why study in Holland?
- Holland is great in international business
- They are situated in the heart of Europe with easy access to surrounding countries
- It's a safe environment for international students
- Holland enjoys a multicultural society
- Quality of life is high in the Netherlands
- Holland invests heavily in innovation and the creative industries
- The Dutch strive to be pioneers in many areas
The academic program at Rotterdam Business School is limited to students in the College of Business. Rotterdam's programs focus on practical and applied research. Many of their courses provide opportunities for students to interact directly with local and international companies. This program is a great opportunity to gain practical experience to build your resume.
How to Search for Programs/Courses:
- Go to https://www.rotterdamuas.com/programmes/exchange/
- IMPORTANT: Click "Economics" under filter options on the left hand side of the screen. SJSU students are only allowed to pick from programs under the Economics filter.
- Choose a Program Title that you are interested in.
- Review the Program Information. Courses will be found towards the bottom of the page under the "Subjects" Section. Review the available "Blocks" of courses.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences provides on-campus housing for exchange students. Information on housing can be found here: http://www.rotterdamuas.com/study-information/practical-information/accommodation
BUDGETING FOR YOUR SEMESTER
**These costs are current as of 2017–18. These are estimated costs for the whole semester. Consult the Bursar’s Office for up-to-date information on tuition and fees. Personal expenses do vary between students: those who eat out at restaurants or plan to travel frequently should estimate higher.
- SJSU Tuition & Fees $3,860.00
- Round Trip Airfare $1,500.00
- Housing & Meals $3,500.00
- Books & Supplies 200.00
- Insurance $350.00
- Personal Expenses $3,000.00
- Total $12,410.00
FINANCING YOUR SEMESTER
Financial Aid: Students who are participating in certified SJSU study abroad programs can use all of the financial aid including grants, scholarships, and loans (except work study) for which they are normally qualified. For more information click Here.
Scholarships: Scholarships for study abroad come in many forms: SJSU Study Abroad Scholarships, Program Specific, National and International scholarships. Find links for these scholarships and online scholarship search engines by clicking Here.